Part of my catch-up posts, post-internet outage. Happy May!
Warning: Language and song content
Who doesn't like Jay-Z, right? Throw in Kanye, a little Beyoncé, and you have probably the best album ever. I don't normally buy CDs unless it's one of a handful of specific people; instead, I tend to buy albums on iTunes or Amazon. However, when I was in Ireland last summer, I had a week's road trip in a rented car in front of me and no music! I hopped into the CD store and bought three albums, one of which was Watch the Throne. And for the first few days, in which I covered about every square inch of bog in Connemara (I got lost: who knew you could be so lost in such a small country!), I kept Jay-Z on repeat. Now, whenever I hear "No Church in the Wild," Connemara, and not Brooklyn, comes to mind. It's a fitting parallel, I think.
Enjoy!
"No Church in the Wild"
"Welcome to the Jungle"
"Made in America"
No comments:
Post a Comment