Last Monday taught me was that my job puts me in a black hole for the day. While most office jobs have people sitting in front a computer, my job puts me in a dance studio, no Internet, no phones. I talk to few adults throughout the day, so often the biggest news I hear in class is about all the birthday parties and swim lessons that happened this weekend.
When I got off work on Monday evening at 7.30, I was shocked by the text messages I'd received. I had to ask a coworker if my texts were telling me the truth or if it was some weird joke my friend was playing on me. I couldn't believe it when I heard about the Boston Marathon; and I quickly texted all of my lovely Bostonians (hours late) to see if they were still safe.
Since then, like every other runner (newbie or otherwise), I've been diligently wearing my blue and yellow, my race shirts; and like every other person, I've been struggling through my week.
I have a lot of stuff I'd like to say about Boston, about my friends, about Americans, etc.; but I'm a little unsure where to begin. So I will just write this: Bostonians are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope everyone is taking time to appreciate their days everyday, and we're all going to keep moving.
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment